Monday 22 December 2014

Alternative Xmas Song Chart

When you think of Christmas tunes apart from carols you probably think of Slade, The Pogues & Kirsty MacColl, Wham and flipping Cliff Richard. So for your relief & delectation I present a chart of alternative songs for Xmas

And in keeping with the season of goodwill, I shall refrain from my usual snarky comments appended to each song.

Festive greetings to one and all of my blog followers and here's to a good 2015

marc xx

1) Run DMC - Christmas In Hollis



2) Stiff Little Fingers - White Christmas



3) The Fall - No Xmas For John Quays



4) Poly Styrene - Black Christmas



5) The Ramones - Merry Christmas (I Don't Want To Fight Tonight



6) The Damned - There Ain't No Sanity Clause



7) Glas Vegas - Silent Night



8) Hard Skin - Ding Dong Merrily Oi Oi!



9) Jackson 5 - I Saw Mummy Kissing Santa Claus



10) Galaxie 500 - Listen The Snow Is Falling



11) The Knife - Christmas Reindeer



12) Death Cab For Cutie - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)



13) Tom Waits - Christmas Card Form A Hooker In Minneapolis



14) Snoop Dogg - Santa Goes Straight To The Ghetto



15) The Fall - Hark The Herald Angels Sing

1 comment:

Denise said...

Thanks Marc - the perfect antidote for the Carey Song which I have been avoiding with about a 97% success rate for weeks! :-D
I shall find a moment or three to listen to them all over the next couple of days!
best wishes to you and yours this festive season D x