Wednesday 8 January 2014

Our Father - A Drabble




Behold my teenage son there. The putto. As might be represented by Lucien Freud rather than Donatello. With halo having become sullied and slipped down from above his crown so as to cincture his features in the form of a hood. The monk with his vow of silence. The black friar stewing in his own tormenting juices. Angelic features framing a demonic countenance. And yet my wife constantly counsels me not to make him break his vow. Thereby he flagellates and scourges me even without removing his hands sheathed in the pouch in his hoodie. Our father who art in Hell...


taken from the Flash Collection "28 Far Cries"




9 comments:

Deanna Schrayer said...

Bwahahahaha! You nailed it Marc! (I have two, I should know). :)

Helen A. Howell said...

Oh the joys of fatherhood!

John Wiswell said...

It does sound like his father is in the bottle, if not in the Hell.

Carrie Clevenger said...

I don't want teenage sons. Is that okay?

Shelli Proffitt Howells said...

Aw, teenage boys aren't always that bad! Still, I feel your pain.

Sonia Lal said...

You know, I am glad I don't have kids.

Steve Green said...

Hopefully it's just a phase he's going through. :-)

Angela Kulig said...

My kids better never grow up...

kymm said...

Oh, yes, I know whereof you speak.
And yes, better Freud than Donatello!